Guía de Asignatura
|CÓDIGO: 590001001||PROFESSIONAL COMMUNICATION III|
|CRÉDITOS: 4.5||HORAS/SEMANA: 3T + 0L||CURSO: 3|
|CUATRIMESTRE: 2||INCOMPATIBILIDAD:||DPTO: LING|
| Ingeniero Técnico de Telecomunicación: Especialidad/es
Coordinador: Irina Mª Argüelles|
The main aims of this course are to improve the spoken English language and the listening skills in the context of business English. |
· Confidence and fluency: oral practice in the classroom is one of the most important aspects of the course.
· Accuracy: students are expected to learn a number of functional phrases in various situations.
· Vocabulary: it is integrated in the context of the recordings and within the instructions, questions or activities.
· Listening skills: Listening is a skill that requires practice. Both in the classroom and as homework, the recordings will help to understand different voices and accents better.
Module 1 - Socializing: with focus on situations where people have to meet or deal with associates or co-workers face to face in one-to-one encounters, asking questions to find out information and giving the requested information or using small talk. |
Module 2 - On the phone: focusing on situations where business people have to deal with clients, associates or co-workers on the phone.
Module 3 - Job interviews: where students will improve their accuracy when asking and answering questions and develop their ability to sound polite, students will also discuss ideas, exchange opinions and information or arrange appointments and meetings.
Module 4 - Presentations: focusing on the most important parts of the presentations, the students will learn how to organize, prepare and give a short presentation and they will learn some useful phrases to use when giving a presentation.
|PRÁCTICAS DE LABORATORIO:|
The final mark will result form a continuous evaluation during the course. |
Attendance and participation in the classroom is compulsory apart from attending to three formal tests for continuous evaluation:
1) Test 1 will take part after finishing the first two modules. It will consist of listening activities similar to the ones completed in the classroom, vocabulary activities and functional phrases.
2) Test 2 will take part after finishing the second two modules by the end of May. It will also consist of listening activities similar to the ones completed in the classroom, vocabulary activities and functional phrases.
3) The Final Presentations will take place from 15th to the end of May.
Apart from these three tests, students can also be asked to complete some formal activities for the teacher to correct during the course which will also be part of the assessment.
COURSE BOOK: To be determined. |
Collins English-Spanish, Spanish-English is highly recommended
|OBSERVACIONES DE INCOMPATIBILIDAD:|